Palma de Mallorca, also known as Mallorca or simply Palma, is a Spanish city with a rich history and culture. It is the capital of the autonomous community of Balearic Islands. The city is known for its beautiful white-sand beaches, numerous festivals throughout the year and picturesque cobblestone streets. It’s no wonder that this city has been named as one of the New 7 Wonders of Spain.
This guide will help you get acquainted with this Spanish metropolis and save some time when you plan to visit in the future. You will learn about the most important attractions, food to try and hotels that are within your budget but still have great customer ratings.
Understand Palma de Mallorca before you visit
The city of Palma de Mallorca is located in the western part of the island of Majorca. It has a population of 421,857 and is the second most populous city on the island after Palma. The city has a total area of about 32.6 square kilometres (12.5 sq mi) and is surrounded by a mountainous landscape.
The capital of the Balearic Islands has been a multicultural city since medieval times. There are communities of Arabs, Jews, and Christians living together peacefully in the city. The city has beautiful architecture and culture that can only be experienced firsthand. You can find museums and art galleries that will satisfy the most advanced art collectors. There are also plenty of culinary options that will satisfy all kinds of palates.
Popular Destinations in Palma de Mallorca
- Port Des Torrent – The Port Des Torrent is a natural harbour in the city of Palma de Mallorca. It is one of the most visited attractions in the city and is loved by tourists who want to see the beautiful scenery of the port. The marina has many yachts and catamarans that can be rented out for a day or longer. You can have a tour of the port and enjoy the stunning scenery of the city from the water.
- Port Andratx – The Port Andratx is another popular destination in the city. You can enjoy nature at its best while travelling to this place. There are many yachts and catamarans that you can book for a day or a longer tour to enjoy the beauty of nature. There are many activities you can do when you are in this place. You can go for picnics and enjoy the beauty of nature while you are here.
- La Palma de Mallorca Zoo – The La Palma de Mallorca Zoo is a popular attraction in the city. Many tourists come to see the animals here that are located at the harbour of the zoo. You can also visit the botanical gardens of the zoo to see the variety of plants that are growing here.
Top Things to Do in Palma de Mallorca
- A walk around the picturesque city streets – The streets of Palma are lined with beautiful cobblestone streets that will make your visit to the city even more special. You will enjoy walking around these streets to find the most beautiful buildings and architecture. You can also come across some interesting museums and art galleries in the city.
- Visit the Cathedral – The Cathedral is one of the most important tourist attractions in the city of Palma de Mallorca. It is also one of the most visited places in the city. You can visit the Cathedral to see the beautiful architecture and see sculptures that are inspired by religious themes. You can also see paintings that are centuries old while you are here.
- Snorkel in the Blue Grotto – If you are looking for a great adventure while you are in Palma de Mallorca, then you should try snorkelling in the Blue Grotto. This is a natural cave that is filled with beautiful blue waters. This is a great place to enjoy a great adventure while you are in the city.
- Visit the Gardens at Son Es Port – The Gardens at Son Es Port are located at the port of this city. You can visit them whenever you want and have a great time. They have many attractions that are designed to make your visit memorable. You will enjoy the great architecture and landscaping of the gardens.
- Visit the Museum at the Altamar Hotel – The Museum at the Altamar Hotel is a great place to visit in the city of Palma de Mallorca. It has a great collection of art that is worth seeing. This museum is also worth visiting for its architecture and design that makes it worth visiting.
Hidden Gems in Palma de Mallorca
- Santa Sofia Museum – This museum is a great place to visit in the city. You will find wonderful collections of art and sculptures here. It is also worth visiting because of the architecture that makes it worth visiting.
- Museum of Fine Arts – The Museum of Fine Arts is another great museum in the city. You will find many pieces of art here that are worth seeing. This museum is also worth visiting for its architecture that makes it worth visiting.
Where to Stay in Palma de Mallorca
Palma de Mallorca is a beautiful city that is worth visiting. If you are planning to visit this city, then you will have to stay in a hotel. There are many hotels in the city that are worth visiting. You can also stay in a holiday home. Some of the hotels in the city that you can consider are Holiday Inn Mallorca, Hotel Andratx Los Frailes, Hotel del Prado, Hotel Sol Palma, Hotel Palma de Mallorca, Hotel Quattro, Hotel El Balcon, Hotel Casa Serena and Hotel Mas Palacio.
How to Get to Palma de Mallorca from Major Cities?
The easiest way to visit the city of Palma de Mallorca is to fly to this place from any major city in the world. There are many airlines that offer flights to Palma de Mallorca from all over the world. These airlines are EasyJet, British Airways, Jet2.com, Ryanair, Norwegian, Air Baltic and several others. You can also choose to travel by boat from these major cities. The best time to visit Palma de Mallorca from a major city is from the months of March to May. During this time, it is not hot and you will enjoy visiting the city. You can also visit this place in the winter. This is the best time to visit the city as the winters are not too cold and you can still enjoy the city.
Palma de Mallorca is a great city that is worth visiting. You can come and explore the beautiful landscape, architecture and culture of the city. You can also enjoy the beaches and yachts that are available in the city. You can spend quality time with your loved ones and experience a lot of fun while you are in Palma de Mallorca.
Are you looking to visit Spain, click here to visit our main Spain page